Friday, March 15, 2013

The Institute for Self Reliant Agriculture


Add caption
I called Michael Bumstead, the CEO of The Institute for Self Reliant Agriculture (SRA), to see how the projects were going. I worked on a joint project with Koins For Kenya and the SRA a little over a year ago. The cooperative project has been a huge success. I wrote about my experience on my Ethiopian Cowboy website. Michael has moved the organization forward and they are doing amazing work.
Mark, Eddison, Lonny, and Patrick in front of the garden plots and chicken house that are used for teaching the program to the villagers.

The SRA is now working to help families and villages self sufficient in Central America, South America, and Africa. Their programs teach the people to grow a variety of plants and animals that will provide a balanced diet and additional income. Their plan is simple yet very effective.


No comments:

Post a Comment